MIDLAND SHARED SPACES, INC.
The MSS Facilities Technician, with support from, and in collaboration with, the Facilities Manager, will be responsible for the daily upkeep of the building and grounds, including but not limited to custodial and light maintenance duties.
Responsibilities of the MSS Facilities Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs general plumbing, electrical, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) repairs to the facility’s equipment and systems.
- Inspects equipment and systems to identify problems or issues.
- Engages and oversees professional services for maintenance and repair when necessary
- Maintains organizational relationships with service providers and vendors
- Consults blueprints or building plans to identify the best solution to resolve systems or equipment issues.
- Conducts preventive maintenance to ensure that plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems continue operating properly.
- Performs regular general cleaning tasks in the facility.
- Maintains inventory of cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The MSS Facilities Technician must be:
- An individual with credibility, good judgment, honesty, integrity, trust, and high ethical standards.
- One who shares information readily, listens and respects the abilities of others.
- A team player who is ready to support colleagues in efforts to further the organization’s mission.
The MSS Facilities Technician must have:
- Thorough knowledge of general plumbing, electrical and HVAC repair.
- Ability to read blueprints, building plans, and repair manuals.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to traverse property and facility to diagnose building issues and plan repairs or maintenance.
- Must be physically able to perform repairs when needed.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, and crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
- Must possess the ability to converse verbally and in writing with others regarding activities and services with various stakeholders and employees.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years janitorial and/or maintenance experience
The MSS Facilities Technician is a full-time position with 40 hours per week. Salary and title are negotiable based on experience. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and record of successful achievement.
- 401k Retirement Plan (employee paid, available after 1 year of service)
- 5% salary match to 401k Retirement Plan (employer-paid, available after 1 year of service)
- Health Insurance (employer-paid, available after 90 days of service, available for other family members at employee cost)
- Optional Dental/Vision plans (employee paid and available to other family members, available after 90 days of service)
- 9 observed holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid-Time-Off (available after 90 days of service)
Office MSS, 3500 North A Street, Suite 1100, Midland, Texas 79705
Primarily Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Professional dress required.
Starting date: August 2023
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete our online application using the button below.
Applications accepted until position is filled.